Moisturisers are an essential part of skincare. They help in retaining the optimum level of hydration in the skin. Whether you have oily skin or a dry skin adding a good moisturiser in a skincare routine is a must.
As summers have arrived, oily/combination skin needs specially designed moisturisers that does the job well without clogging the pores.
Selecting a good oil free moisturiser is very important as it helps in hydrating and moisturising the skin without making it greasy.
Plum has launched their new green tea oil free moisturiser and the best part is that it is FRAGRANCE FREE.
This lightweight non-greasy formula is mainly targeted towards oily, combination and acne prone skin.
Coming to the product details-
Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Betaine, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Niacinamide, Willow Bark Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Squalane, Cyclodextrin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitol, Sodium Gluconate
Benefits of key ingredients-
- Aloe vera juice– it works as a great humectant which helps in moisturising and hydrating the skin.
- Niacinamide– helps in reducing pigmentation, evens skin tone, prevents fine line and wrinkles, boosts collagen production, brightens the complexion and reduces sebum production.
- Willow bark extract– this ingredient has antimicrobial properties which helps in keeping the comedones and acne at bay. It also helps in mattifying the skin.
- Green tea leaf extract– have antioxidant properties which prevents free radical damage on the skin. Green tea also contains catechins which helps in depuffing the face.
- Kakadu plum extract-it contains vitamin C , gallic acid and ellagic acid which helps in preventing free radical damage. It also helps in moisturising the skin and prevents early signs of aging.
- Sodium hyaluronate– this is a form of hyaluronic acid which helps in holding 1000 times its weight in water. It also helps in plumping the skin and immediately hydrating it.
- Squalane– derived from olive oil this ingredient helps in nourishing the skin and promoting a strong skin barrier.
- Isodecyl neopentanoate– works as an emollient to reduce trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL).
- Betaine– this works a natural moisture balancing ingredient.
Price- 470 INR
Quantity- 50 ml
Shelf life after opening the product- six months.
Comes in an opaque tube with a pump.
Texture and consistency-
The moisturiser has a nice lightweight non-greasy texture. It glides on easily and absorbs within seconds giving a matte feel to the skin.
How to use it?
Apply appropriate amounts (one- two pumps) of the product on the whole face and neck. Massage it nicely till absorbed.
My experience with the product-
I was really happy to see this fragrance free version of their green tea oil free moisturiser. The moisturiser does not feel sticky or oily and gives a fresh look to the skin.
It helps in controlling sebum production for a very long period of time. The moisturiser sits well on the skin and works well under makeup too. It is oil free and does not clog pores.
Ingredients like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, squalane and willow bark extract helps in reducing pigmentation and reduces sebum production. The combination of these ingredients helps in even out the skin giving a brighter look.
This moisturiser can be applied both morning and evening.
Overall I am really happy the way the product worked for me.
- Lightweight formula.
- Fragrance free.
- Contains ingredients like green tea, niacinamide, kakadu plum, hyaluronic acid.
- Comes with a pump.
- Travel friendly.
- Easily available.
- Cruelty free.
- Did not clog my pores.
- Mattifies the skin.
- Controls sebum production.
- No essential oils.
- Free from SLS, DEA, PABA.
- No parabens.
- No phthalates.
- None for me.
Will I recommend it?
This is a wonderful moisturiser for oily, combination and acne prone skin types.
Hope you found this post helpful.
Thank you for reading.