When I was a child my mom used to force feed me all the beneficial ingredients available in the kitchen like loads of veggies, shakes and smoothies🥬🥦🍅🥒🥕. On the other hand me, like any other child used to run away from them or make foolish excuses as of why she should not do that 🤢. The whole idea of “You Are What You Eat” appeared to me as a bunch of claptrap 🥴 until I met my husband♥️. His unadulterated skin, perfect wavy locks, bright sparkling eyes (*touchwood*) made me so awestruck 😲 and I used to wonder why I look like a shabby oil dipped potato every day. He’s the perfect example of “I woke up like this!” as compared to me who had hair with a mind of their own, oily T zone and adult acne😐.
Even after having a good skincare routine I used to get frequent breakouts. So I took a deep look into his diet. He tries to consume more and more vegetables and raw food rather than the processed ones.
It’s very important to know that many skin conditions have hereditary, hormonal and underlying medical conditions involved but having a good diet plays an extremely major part in the appearance of your skin and overall health. I get occasional breakouts even now but that’s my skin type. Having a healthy diet and routine has helped me a lot in order to keep them under control.
Today I’ll be sharing one of the finest and most potent drink🍹 for detoxification of the body, which will help you get a much clearer complexion too.
The main ingredients for this magical potion are beetroot, carrot, tomato and lemon.
Before jumping to the recipe lets go through their benefits one by one. (👩🏫 Old habits)
- These red bulbous roots are packed with nutrients.
- It contains nitrates which help in lowering blood pressure and maintaining heart health.
- Helps in detoxifying the liver. Betaine a substance present in beets prevents and reduces fatty deposits in liver and protect it from toxins.
- Maintains weight as it is low in calories and gives you a nutritious energy boost for the day.
- Improves stamina for workout.
- Contains potassium (an electrolyte) that helps the muscles and nerves to function properly.
- Good source of iron, folates, calcium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, sodium, zinc, copper and selenium.
- Provides with a rich amount of vitamin C, an antioxidant which prevents free radical damage and boosts immunity.
Important points to note before consuming it–
- Don’t get alarmed if you have pink or light red colored urine or stools after consuming beets. It’s a condition called beeturia which is completely harmless and is due to the compound which provides red color to this root.
- People having low blood pressure should not consume it in greater quantity as it could lead to its further drop.
- Patients prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones must take them in moderation as the oxalates present in it could exaggerate the condition.
- Rich in beta carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body promoting a good vision, growth and immune function.
- Contains biotin that is beneficial for protein and fat metabolism.
- Rich in vitamin K1 that is important for blood coagulation and bone health.
- Rich in fiber for promoting gut health and relieving constipation.
- Lycopene present in them can help in reducing the risk for heart disease.
- Maintains cholesterol levels in the body and aids in weight loss.
- These pulpy red fruits are rich in lycopene, beta carotene, fiber, antioxidants and potassium.
- Promotes weight loss, builds up the immune system.
- Reduces cholesterol and improves the digestion.
- Also rich in potassium, folate and vitamin K.
- They are a good source of dietary fiber, improves digestion.
- Promotes hydration.
- Improves skin health.
- Prevents kidney stones.
- Boosts metabolism, aids weight loss.
- Rich in vitamin C, which helps in building the immune system.
Now let’s come to the recipe
- Half beetroot
- One carrot
- One tomato
- One freshly squeezed lemon
- 500 ml of water
Equipment required– Blender
Just blend the above ingredients in a blender. If you want you can add some rock salt and black pepper to it in order to make it more flavorful. Prepare a juice like consistency, if you want you can add more water to it. Pour in a glass and drink up.
No need to strain the juice.
All the ingredients mentioned above are full of nutrition, cheap and easily available in the kitchen. Apart from detoxifying the body it also helps in giving you a much clearer complexion and prevents from free radical damage.
Cheers to both health and beauty.
Hope you found it useful.🙂