Nowadays, everyone seems to say that apple cider vinegar is so amazing and have so many health benefits.
But how does apple cider vinegar (ACV) actually benefit us?
Apple cider vinegar is fermented apple juice. The apples are crushed and exposed to yeast which causes fermentation to take place. It is fermented a second time to form apple cider vinegar. You can see many companies selling apple cider vinegar in the malls or the grocery stores but before buying it you should check whether it is unfiltered “with the mother ” or not.
When apple cider vinegar is fermented, during the process it builds up yeast and bacteria. This buildup is referred as “the mother” which contains the most beneficial enzymes and proteins. It gives the cider a cloudy look and you can even see strands in the finished product. Always go for organic apple cider vinegar which is unfiltered and contains “the mother”.
Before using ACV, shake the bottle thoroughly to mix all the contents which might get deposited due to long standing.
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
1. Improves digestion and reduces bloating– proper digestion means proper acid levels in the body. ACV helps in breaking down the food molecules hence maintaining the gut health, but individuals with acid reflux or GERD can have negative effects of drinking ACV as it can provoke the condition.
2. Lowers the blood sugar level by improving insulin sensitivity. So, people suffering from diabetes should consult their physician before consuming it.
3. Lowers cholesterol and maintains HDL and LDL levels in the body.
4. Reduces belly fat, Improves metabolism and burns fat a much faster rate.
5. Increases satiety and hence prevents from unnecessary cravings which help in the maintenance of weight.
6. It also acts as a diuretic and promotes removal of toxins from the body.
7. With the goodness of magnesium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, amino acids and antioxidants it has a very high nutritional value and extremely low calorie content.
8. ACV rinse gives a lustrous shine to your hair. For this mix one tablespoon of ACV with one cup of water. After washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner give a final rinse with this diluted mixture.
9. Some beauty gurus also recommend making a diluted ACV toner for skin or adding ACV in your face masks but I personally don’t recommend this as ACV is quite acidic in nature which alters pH and can irritate your skin if not diluted in proper proportions.
10. Half cup apple cider vinegar in one cup of water can help in cleaning the sinks and bathtubs, acting as a non toxic cleaner for your home.
NOTE-Apple cider vinegar should not be consumed or used undiluted as it can cause severe irritation due to its acidic nature.
Ways in which you can incorporate ACV daily.
1. Take 2 tablespoons of ACV and add it to one glass of lukewarm water. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to it for promoting weight loss.
2. Take 2 tablespoons of ACV in one glass of lukewarm water add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey to it. Mix and enjoy.
3. Take 2 tablespoons of ACV and simply mix it with one glass of warm water and this alone can do the trick.
You can have any of these drinks twice daily, once early morning on an empty stomach and one half an hour before dinner. Beginners can take 1 tablespoon instead of two.
4. You can add diluted apple cider vinegar in your salad dressing. It gives a nice tangy feel to the boring salad.
Tips to keep in mind while taking ACV.
· Never consume undiluted apple cider vinegar.
· ACV can erode the enamel of teeth. So it’s best either to drink it with straw or rinse your mouth if you are not using one.
· Never apply undiluted ACV on your skin or hair as it can cause severe irritation.
· People suffering from acid reflux should consult their physician before taking this drink as it can worsen the symptoms. Patients having any chronic illness should always consult their doctor before implementing ACV in their diet.
Remember that excess of anything is bad. So, you should limit the amount of consumption of ACV in your diet. Two tablespoons diluted in water twice a day is more than enough to keep gain the benefits from this drink.
Hope you liked it.
Stay fit and Stay healthy 🙂